Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Labor Story

Woot! This is my first blog story! I can't believe that my newborn is now 2 months old, how time flies. I would like to share my labor story since it is still clear as daylight in my memory. Here goes nothing...on April 1st I was labor was induced at 9am because they suspected baby was going to be slightly large as during the last month I popped to the limit.

Once I was admitted and hooked up to the ivy the nurse turned around and asked,"You are not from Puerto Rico are you??"(I currently reside in Puerto Rico) I answered, "No, why?" Well you do you know that here we do not give epidurals, just in case you are expecting one." I must admit at that second I wanted to rip off the ivy, run out the door and hop on a plane to the good ol' US of A. I quickly calmed myself down and told myself, "Okay, you can do fact you have to do it there is no option. HELLO!" That was my first panic of the day. Then I asked, "When can DH come in?" she answered, " After you have dilated to 4 cm." WHAT?! Fast forward 6 hours DH finally came in and where has he been "oh I took a stroll at the mall while I waited." he said. I was thinking here I am in pain and you are SHOPPING! I honestly felt at that moment, that if the medical equipment for the birth was closer to my bed, I would have killed him. Poor DH....wait a minute what am I saying poor me! At around 7:30pm I was dilated a 9cm and doctor told us just one more hour and we'll be done. Um...Ryan(baby) had other plans 1am strolled around and he did not come down.....after all that pain and long hours EMERGENCY C-SECTION! Bummer...I know, I know! He was born at 1:45am April 2nd and weighed in at 8lbs and measured 22". DH likes to joke that Ryan played an April Fools joke on me since he waited till April 2nd to be born. In the end everything I went through was all worth it for this moment.That day was the happiest day of my life until....I saw "myself" in a full length mirror. WHOA...what happened to my just starred back at me saying,"WELCOME TO MOMMYHOOD"!

I look forward to sharing my adventures as a new mommy with you!


  1. Welcome to mommyhood! It really flies by! Following from MBC

  2. But how big was he?! ;-)

    Stopping by from MBC/Follow Me Club! Wanted to say 'hi' and let you know I'm following!

  3. Hi! I'm following you through MBC followers club now!

  4. This reminded me 17 years ago when me and my husband had our son. I remember waking up at 6a.m. waking my husband up saying take me to the hospital I'm cramping really bad...those were the contractions. So, we get to the hospital and only to be sent home an hour later. I was only 1cm. Well as the day progressed I went to the hospital twice that day. The doctor gave me something to help relax me and when the actual labor would happen it would ware off. Well honey let me tell you I woke up in pain, my mom and grandma got there and I couldn't get out of bed. My mom strips me naked from the waist down, tells my husband to call the ambulance. I had a cheering crowd outside, yes all my neighbors were yelling for me to have a safe delivery. This was at entire family showed up to the hospital. I was like drugs please fortunately for me there was epidural. At 9:30pm my 8lb 2oz baby boy was born, I couldn't feel a thing. I was told to push and I kept laughing. When I was told it was a boy, I was like no I wanted a girl. LOL Hey I was 19yrs old and ultrasounds were only done for emergency purposes only. Ah this just took me back. Nice story.